Was told “I’m white” today by my peers (black while wearing a fairly large Afro). I’m guessing due to the fact I choose use my words. Who knows but, ignorance is alive and well, sad when we preach about sticking together and standing for our rights, yet someone in my own race…
Stereotyping does not occur in a vacuum. It’s the first step on a really dark path. Words mean things. Assumptions mean things. Be aware of this.
things life is too short for:
- hating yourself
- pretending to laugh at “jokes” that are actually just bigoted statements
- not singing along to your favorite songs
- waiting hours to text someone back just to look cool
- bad coffee
- bad books
- mean people
- body shaming
- letting other people dictate your life
— something lovely my therapist said (via heureun)
— Bill Bullard (via khromejio)
I’m fat. People constantly say, “don’t wear tight clothes, it’s not flattering at all.”
I’m fat. I am fat in all of the clothes I wear. I can try and “hide” my body, but it’s still there. You can still clearly see that I. Am. Fat.
I shouldn’t have to modify my clothing habits so that other people don’t have to see that I am fat. This is my body, I’m proud of it, and if you don’t want to see my fat, don’t look.
im a bad person who thinks bad thoughts like ‘ew what is that girl wearing’ and then remember that im supposed to be positive about all things and then think ‘no she can wear what she wants, fuck what other people say damn girl u look fabulous’ and im just a teeny bit hypocritical tbh
I was always taught by my mother, That the first thought that goes through your mind is what you have been conditioned to think. What you think next defines who you are.
- How to Get Over Past Mistakes
1. Remind yourself that everyone makes mistakes, does things wrongs, and has moments of regret. There are no perfect...
Was told “I’m white” today by my peers (black while wearing a fairly large Afro). I’m guessing due to the fact I choose use my...
- “Don’t change so that people will like you. Be the real you and the right people will love you. Don’t stoop to be a counterfeit.”
- “Each of us has lived through some sort of devastation, some loneliness, some weather superstorm, or spiritual superstorm. When we look at each other...”